I have been cooking this for a while and thought you guys might like it too. Its a perfect nutritious breakfast to start your day with. So here’s how I cook it:
Egg (ideally 1 or 2)
1/4th of a Capsicum
1/2 a Tomato
1-2 teaspoon Any flavor-less oil
Brown Breads (As many as you want, I eat 2)
1/2 a teaspoon of Cumin Seeds (paste or powder won’t do)
1/2 or 1 Green Chilli
How To Cook
- Chop capsicum, onion and tomato in equal sized small cubes.
- Make thin slices of the green chili.
- Heat about 1-2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan
- Put in the cumin seeds and fry until they start browning
- As the cumin seeds start browning, throw in the slices of chili ( cover your nose :D), fry it for 5-7 seconds
- Add the chopped onions and fry until they start browning
- Now add the chopped capsicum and tomato, add a little salt and fry for about 5-10 seconds
- Meanwhile grate generous amount of cheese on one brown bread, place the other brown bread on top and put it for grilling.
- Spread the semi-fried veggies evenly on the pan
- Break 1 or 2 egg(s) and evenly spread the egg while on the veggies. Sprinkle a little salt on top of the egg(s). Make sure not to break the egg yolks
- When the egg(s) is (are) fried enough that you know it will be easy for you to transfer on the serving plate without breaking, grate the cheese on the egg(s) and let it melt.
- Now, smoothly transfer the steaming hot goodness onto a serving plate
- Cut the grilled cheese sandwich in half (hot melted cheese will ooze out) and place it beside the fried eggs
- Don’t wait, eat! 😛
Let the veggies show color
- You can use butter instead of vegetable oil.
- You may not use the cumin seeds, but I say, it gives personality to the fried eggs.
- You may use finely chopped broccoli.
- You may use pepper instead of chilies.
- You may sprinkle some chili flakes and oregano (don’t use cumin seeds in that case) on top of the eggs.
- You may just grill the breads without the cheese.
- If you are working on losing weight, use just a little cheese on the eggs, but that’s a must 😉
All the ingredients here such as the veggies (semi-fried), cheese, oil and wheat bread, are loaded with vitamins, minerals, proteins and antioxidants.
- Do not do not over heat the oil.
- Do not over fry the veggies.
- Do not burn down your kitchen, use the exhaust fan or chimney.
- Before exiting the kitchen make sure you have turned off everything, including the lights.
Thank you for reading this and even better if you try it out and let me know whether you liked it or not 🙂